Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Workout With Team D

    This morning a few Team D athletes and coaches met up at the Austin High School track for a group workout. This was a great way to hang out with some people from the team and get some tips from the coaches. Thanks Coach Chris for all of your help on kettle bell snatches! I never realized how much strength (and confidence) I have gained over the past few months. It's exciting to see how much progress I've made, I've not only met my challenge goals but went above them. For example: 1) Move up to an 18 pound kettle bell (done + 2 pounds), 2) Be able to do chest-to-the-ground push ups on my knees (done) **As a side note, don't brag to Coach Karen about reaching that goal then try to bust out some knee push ups at bootcamp the next day...she WILL call you out**  3) loose at least 3 inches (I haven't done body comps yet but I'm down a pants size so I feel like that's a step in the right direction). 4) Loose 8-10 pounds (lost 5 so far and I plan on really stepping up the next few weeks. ie: no more wine).

Today we did some basic kettle bell movements along with some new stuff that I have never tried before.  If you've been to a Relentless or Crossfit Central Session, then you know that these Coaches will push you and never let you back down, the fact that I was able to do these movements shocked me but I know thats due to the help/support of my awesome coaches and team mates. Here are some pics taken my fellow Team D member Tim :)

 Kettle Bell Snatches: This movement has been difficult for me, but with a little help (ok a lot of help) from Chris and Karen I'm starting to get the hang out it...with a 20 pound bell by the way!

     




Rope Pulls: This was fun because it was something new....hard and tiring but fun. Don't be fooled by the pics, 3 minutes of this WILL turn your arms into jello.

        
Dips/Walks: Ok this was the one that shocked me. Up until recently I have never had upper body strength so when I saw Chris jump up on the bars and start "walking" I figured there was no way I'd be able to even push myself up. This is where Karen comes in; what makes her an awesome Coach is she is a cheerleader but kicks your butt at the same time.  She has a very supportive way of saying "you better not stop".  I alternated the workout with dips and walks and finished stronger than I thought I would.  While I was doing this Karen and I were joking around and I had fun while working my a*s off :) 

 

This is a perfect example of KP's "Finish strong, you can do it" face.


Windmills: I love these, I get to stretch and lift weight...def one of my fav movements.

                                                 

Post WOD pic with some of Team Domination!!! 
 


Just want to post this pic since I mentioned some of my goals:       
~Start of Relentless (September-ish): 10 pound bell which I thought was heavy
~Start of Trojan Challenge (1.8.11): 15 pound bell
~Current: 20 pound bell which I began using about 1 1/2 weeks into the challenge






"A daily hit of athletic-induced endorphins gives you the power to make better decisions, helps you be at peace with yourself, and offsets stress"

No comments:

Post a Comment