Saturday, January 1, 2011

Making changes in 2011.

I'm starting this blog as a means to hold myself accountable in trying to make some big changes. Originally I planned on just blogging about the Relentless Crossfit Trojan Challenge but then I figured I might as well just start it up today.  When planning goals my Relentless Coach KP says that having a goal is not enough; you also need a plan and a deadline. I tried to apply this thougt process when I came up with my goals/resolutions for 2011 as I am hoping for some actual long term changes in my life.  So here are my 2011 resolutions:
~Work on my time management. I will do this by: making and using to-do lists, organizing my planner, and get on a better sleep schedule (so I don't want to sleep all day). I want to have this established by January 15th.
~Finish the Trojan Challenge strong. I will do this by: documenting ALL of my food by using this blog and a food journal, giving 100% in my individual workouts (no being lazy just cause I'm working out on my own), eat Paleo at least 6 days a week, and hold myself accountable! The deadline for this is the end of the challenge (60 days from Saturday).
~Get at least a B in my chem class at ACC. I will do this by: going to tutoring at least once a week (I HATE tutoring but I will need the extra help in this class), studying for at least 2 hours a day, study at school (not at home where I can get distracted). I want to have a solid high B by the first exam.
~PR in the Austin 1/2 marathon. I will do this by: sticking to my running schedule that I set up on www.runnersworld.com, cross training aka Relentless, and staying focused during the race. The Austin 1/2 is Feb 20th.

I picked "Strong is the New Skinny" as the name of this blog because I saw the phrase on a shirt and I love it. After years of ballet I always judged my "health" based on my size...skinnier=better.  I weighed myself multiple times a day and focused on the number, no matter how my clothes fit.  One of the biggest changes that I have noticed since starting Relentless is my change in attitude about what is healthy and in shape. I am no longer focusing on my weight.  I am focused more on how my clothes fit and my strength...switching from the 6lb med ball to the 10lb med ball in class was awesome and I'm about to start using a heavier (non "Barbie") kettle bell.  2011 is gonna be a great year!

1 comment:

  1. 2 things:

    1. I think this blog is an awesome idea.

    2. I already bought you a shiny pink kettle bell that says Barbie on the side of it. Sorry. :-)

    ReplyDelete